Frequent Asked Questions

CPC Transport Manager

What is the R1 exam?

The R1 exam is a multiple choice exam made out of 60 questions. You must achieve 42 (70%) marks out of 60 in order to pass.

How can I achieve the CPC Transport manager Road Haulage qualification?

In order to achieve the CPC Transport manager qualification, you must pass both R1 and R2 exams

How can I achieve the CPC Transport manager Passenger Transport qualification?

In order to achieve the passenger transport qualification, you must pass both P1 and P2 exams

Where can I sit the exams?

You can book your exam at our center by clicking on the manager training tab on the top navigation bar

What is the R2 exam?

The R2 exam is a case study based exam paper which is based on a friction scenario. It is an open book exam where candidates are allowed to bring their notes into the examination room.

Operator Licence

What is an Operator Licence?

In order to run a HGV goods vehicle over 3.5 tonne GVW in connection with a business or trade, you must hold an operator licence

How can I apply for an Operator's Licence?

You can now apply for a licence online by visiting and following the steps

Do I need a transport manager?

Yes, if you wish to apply for a standard national/international licence, you must have a qualified transport manager to be added onto the licence

Driver CPC Training

What is Driver CPC Training?

The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification for professional bus, coach and lorry drivers. It has been introduced across Europe with the aim of improving road safety and maintaining high standards of driving.

Do I need this training?

You must have Driver CPC if you drive a lorry, bus or coach as the main part of your job. You must do 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep it.

What happens if I don;t have a valid CPC card?

You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving professionally without Driver CPC.

Are they any exemptions?

You do not need Driver CPC if you’re using the vehicle for: - non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use - carrying material or equipment you use for your job (driving the vehicle cannot be the main part of your job) - driving lessons for anyone who wants to get a driving licence or a Driver CPC - driving to or from pre-booked appointments at official vehicle testing centres - driving within 62 miles (100 kilometres) of your base - but the vehicle cannot be carrying passengers or goods, and driving a lorry, bus or coach cannot be your main job - maintaining public order - and the vehicle is being used or controlled by a local authority rescue missions or in states of emergency You also do not need Driver CPC if the vehicle is: - limited to a top speed of 28mph - being used or controlled by the armed forces, police, fire and rescue service, prison service or people running a prison or young offender institution


What is FORS?

The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme for fleet operators which aims to raise the level of quality within fleet operations, and to demonstrate which operators are achieving exemplary levels of best practice in safety, efficiency, and environmental protection.

Do I have to become a member by law?

No, not at all. It is a voluntary scheme put in place to help your business raise the level of quality within fleet operations

How difficult is it to get the accreditation?

Achieving the accreditation is very simple process. Please contact us in order to find out more information on how we can assist your business.

Select the language of your preference